The indices provide both total market cap and market cap as a percentage of the total. Using GFD’s capitalization tool, you can generate pie charts for any individual year, and you can generate a stacked chart over time which show how the composition of the sectors changed over time.
Monthly sector indices have been created for:
- The S&P Composite back to 1925 (90 stocks to 1957 and 500 thereafter)
- United States companies listed in the United States back to 1801
- All companies listed on United States exchanges back to 1801
- United Kingdom companies listed in London back to 1694
- All companies listed on the London stock Exchange back to 1693
- All companies listed in the US, UK and other countries that are in the GFD Microverse back to 1692
This produces a total of 150 indices, 12 market cap indices for each of the six categories, 12 market cap percentage indices for each of the six categories, and 6 indices measuring the total market cap of the companies.
If you would like to have a list of these new indices and access to them, call Global Financial Data today to speak to one of our sales representatives at 877-DATA-999 or 949-542-4200.